UNITE builds a shared understanding of what bullying is and how it impacts those targeted. Students are empowered with strategies to promote a culture of taking action to support each other.
The big idea: “Each one of us has the power to challenge bullying, even in the smallest and simplest ways.”
1. Students have gained a shared understanding of what bullying is and demonstrated their ability to identify various (cyber)bullying situation.
2. Students have grown insight into the emotional impacts for peers who are routinely excluded, bullied or discriminated against.
3. Students have collectively generated a kit of strategies to challenge (cyber)bullying and support those targeted.
To ensure the most impactful and engaging workshops for your students, all PROJECT ROCKIT workshops require the following essential venue and tech requirements to be met without exception:
Essential venue and tech requirements:
- Large projector or screen with VGA/HDMI input that can be seen clearly by every student
- Adequate sound or speakers provided
- Individual chairs for every student
- Two roaming microphones (only for groups of 80+ students)
- Active staff supervision
Suitable workshop spaces:
- An auditorium or theatre space
- School hall
- Multi-purpose room
- BER building
- Double classroom
Unsuitable workshop spaces:
- Basketball courts
- Shared spaces with noisy thoroughfare
- Spaces where students are seated on the floor
- Outdoor spaces